Where has all the romance gone in your relationship? Don’t let it fade like that new car smell. There are things you can do to keep the sparks flying even as the years go flying by.
While flowers and a romantic restaurant once sent your heart soaring, the stresses and strains of everyday living can put a cold damper on your heart’s passion. What once seemed magical can now just seem really boring. If you find yourself trying to put the steam back in your lovemaking or the excitement back in the anticipation, you are trying too hard and for the wrong thing. What is lacking most in the non-romantic’s love life isn’t heated passion, it is the mystery of something and someone new.
That something new is one of the main reasons those in seemingly committed relationships go looking for that someone new. That waste of time and energy, which could potentially end the relationship, could and should be used for looking for someone new right inside of yourself.
When was the last time you reinvented you? Keeping it fresh and new not only makes you feel good about yourself, it keeps your partner on his toes and excited about what is next. Keeping the mystery alive in your heart and soul and in your relationship is a guaranteed way to keep the romance there too.
Having a hard enough time just inventing yourself let alone reinventing yourself?
- Find a role model. Whether living or dead, a real person or a character in a novel, pick someone you think is mysterious and tantalizing. Just by keeping them in your mind’s eye, you will reshape your perception of you.
- Change your style. Not just your hair or dress but your personal style. Changing your image, if only behind closed doors, will change your outlook on who you are.
- Read romance novels. Romance novels are the epitome of fantasy and mystery. Not your type of reading material? All the more reason to pick one up off the shelf.
- Get a hobby. But not one that you always wanted to try. Pick one that is totally different than what would be expected. You don’t have to stick with it long because it is all about the adventure, which will stay with you forever.
- Pretend you are looking for love. That does not mean go bar hopping! Stop and think what you would be doing different if you were looking for a partner. Start by looking in the mirror and at your attitude.
If you truly want to renew the excitement of love and romance in your life, start by reinventing yourself and all the excitement you want will soon be yours.